Portillo's Family Recipe
"Portillo's Restaurants", in Chicago, are famous for their beef sandwiches. This would be one of those dishes you could make for your family and freeze leftovers for another meal."
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon onion salt
3 cups water
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 bay leaves
1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
5 lbsinside round roast (cap on)
1. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the water, salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf and salad dressing mix.
2. Stir well and bring just to a boil.
3. Place roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the roast.
4. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours OR high setting for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.
6.Serve on Italian Rolls.
<< Prev Recipe Next Recipe >>